Sunday, August 21, 2011

Experiencing God

Walking with God involves a relationship with God, not a method. Throughout the scriptures, God takes the initiative to invite His people to participate in His work. God is more likely to ask us to follow Him one day at a time rather than spell out all the details before we begin to obey. Our primary concern should not be "what should I do with my life tomorrow?" but "what does God want me to do today?". If we follow Jesus one day at a time, we will be right in the centre of God's will for our lives. God then reveals His activity and invites us to participate.

George Muller - in entering a heart relationship with God and discerning His voice

1. Get my heart into a state that it has no will of its own In regard to a given matter. (Instead, ready to follow God's will)

2. Do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression.

3. Seek the will of God through, or in connection with, the word of God.

4. Take into account providential circumstances.

5. Ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me aright.

6. Through prayer, study of the Word and reflection, I come to a judgement according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is this at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly.

No comments: