Friday, October 21, 2011

A king worth following

The more I study the book of Matthew, the more personal this sacrifice of Jesus appears to me. We've been having weeks of Precepts... one evening a week, it's not been easy. It involves one hour of homework 5 days a week. Yet studying Matthew's gospel, I really feel like I've been walking beside Jesus, watching how He interacts with people, how He serves, how He loves.

His call is getting more personal: Will you come follow me? Will you take up this cross? Will you lay your agendas down and take up mine?

It's been making me consider everything in "Kingdom perspective". Am I building my home on Earth or in Heaven? Do I really believe that the first will be last and the last will be first. All these precious truths have been set before me time and time again. I think it's time for us to take a look at ourselves and ask if we're really disciples of Christ. Do we want to follow this King? It will change our lives completely. It's also the best decision we could possibly make.

No comments: