Monday, February 7, 2011

Sharing

I went for my friends's Chinese new year dinner and met a Malay friend of mine. Talking to Malays never fails to remind me how much in common our religious roots are. I've recently had more of an urgency in wanting to evangelize. But it's such a scary thought. I keep reminding myself of the Romans verse: I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of salvation. Sometimes I almost feel guilty sharing because I think it's something people dislike listening to. I need to be bolder and more proud of the good news. I want to be more gospel conscious in life, to source out for opportunities more, to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit's prompting, and to go out of my way to share. I was really challenged by how Zenas is already sharing the gospel in his class and I've been inspired to ask God to work more through me in this area.

I'm looking at 2 channels to explore. One is the internet (through forums and such) and the other is local missions, talking to foreigners in Singapore. Since there seem to be more and more Chinese nationals in Singapore, I've decided to brush up on my Chinese. Anyone willing to help go through the book with me? There are too many words I don't get... (This is a genuine request btw, though why is it that I'm already half expecting no one to reply?)

Germs

No comments: