Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cg on 13 Feb


Heellloooo,

There will be Cg this week, 13 feb at 2pm instead of the usual 2.30pm. This is so that we can end earlier for those who have to rush off for the reunion dinners! I hope your week at school has been ok.

Staying hot for God

I know that we haven't had much chance to have CG sessions like we used to. There's been so much going on, Pre event and Vday...

Many times I'm afraid... I keep worrying that if we stop meeting for too long, everyone will lose interest in God and CG. But when I think about it, I realise that this actually means something ... WE ARE FORMING A HEAVY DEPENDENCE ON CG!

I think there's a good and bad thing to learn from that. I've asked many of you this question personally, "Is CG something you look forward to during the week?" And most of you have told me yes! I'm glad we enjoy fellowship together and learning about God. But, for some of you, if you stop coming for CG for too long, you feel so far away from God!

Dear Effervescence, I think we may be facing the danger of forming a dependency on the CG instead of God. If the CG were to collapse, does that mean that your relationship with God should collapse as well? No! That would be a rather silly thought right? It would show that your relationship was unstable in the first place.

As members of Effervescence, we should commit to 2 aspects, our relationship with God as well as commitment to the CG. I'm glad that you have all been committing more to the CG but let's not forget the more important thing, our relationship with God!

It's never easy and Satan's forever attacking... Wei Sheng and I are here for you. If ever you feel unsure about anything or like you're drifting away from God, just let us know! SMS us or something la! We can try to help you through it, or at least go through it with you. You guys really should talk to us more instead of bottling everything inside you know... Bottling will just make you EMO -___-

Love,
Germs

p.s. Hm, I can't believe I used "-___-"... I'm supposed to be like... 22 yrs old...

No comments: